Yes, that certainly makes sense. How else would it know where to go ... and precisely which journal it needs to link to.
When I have a chance, I will ask you to show me visually tho I won't be dealing with it myself.  Of course, when more enhancements come, things and appearances will change.
Thank you!

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Courtney Tibbetts <ctibbetts@maryu.marywood.edu> wrote:
The URL supplied by SS is the following:

http://sirsi.marywood.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi/x/x/0/5/?searchdata1=0000-0019

The last 8 digits are the ISSN of the journal you are trying to link and that is the only part of the URL string that needs to be modified.  If adding a journal you should put this string in the default URL box.

Courtney

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Maria Michelle Sitko <sitko@maryu.marywood.edu> wrote:
FYI... Good news.
I spoke to Courtney this morning.  She will read over the links to documentation that Serials Solutions sent to me when she gets back next week. I asked her to follow through and to contact Stephen Gilewski at Serials Solutions to learn how to find the urls necessary to successfully add a persistent link at the title specific level.  I asked her to then share her findings.  Looks like we are back in business and that is is all doable.  I'm really glad that I got to the bottom of this linking problem. It should help lessen frustration felt by our end users (and us!)!
Thanks,
--Michelle

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Maria Michelle Sitko <sitko@maryu.marywood.edu> wrote:
Hello all,
  I haven't heard back from anyone yet about this and was wondering if we could perhaps go over this in the morning?
Thanks,
--Michelle

From: Serials Solutions Library Support <clients@serialssolutions.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM
Subject: Article Linker Question re: OPAC [Question:100729-000146]
To: sitko@es.marywood.edu
Cc: sitko@maryu.marywood.edu

To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, please enter your reply in the space below.

[===> Please enter your reply BELOW this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply ABOVE this line <===]

To view the entire message thread or to update your question from our support site, click here.

 Subject
Article Linker Question re: OPAC

 Discussion Thread
 Response (Stephen G.)08/04/2010 02:29 PM
Hi Michelle,

You can provide links directly to your OPAC records using 360 Core. Your "Marywood University's Print Holdings" did not include title level URLs though, only the main OPAC URL. So, this where all your title level links were going to.

I went ahead and built title level URLs for your titles and uploaded the new file. The links will now point to the title record (or at least to a multiple results page). These changes will take effect tomorrow after our cache refreshes.

I built the URLs based on ISSN (when available) and the title when not. I have attached two spreadsheets here, one is the original file that was being used, (3aug) and the other is the updated file I created and uploaded (4aug). If you have updates to make to your print holdings database, you can make them in this spreadsheet. This way you will be certain it is in the proper format so it can be reuploaded easily.

Additionally, if you find any URLs are not working, you can change them in the Client Center. I have attached links to documentation below that detail the process of making changes/uploading titles in the Client Center:

Answer Title: 360 Core: Library-Managed Holdings: Uploading Multiple Titles to a New Library-Specific Holdings Database
Answer Link: http://support.serialssolutions.com/cgi-bin/serialssolutions.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=285&p_created=1200710806
Answer Title: 360 Core: Library-Managed Holdings: Updating Your Library-Specific Holdings Database
Answer Link: http://support.serialssolutions.com/cgi-bin/serialssolutions.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=288&p_created=1200952364

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Stephen Gilewski, MLIS
Library Support Analyst
Serials Solutions
1-866-SERIALS (737-4257) ext. 4
Fax: 206-525-9066
clients@serialssolutions.com
http://www.serialssolutions.com
 Customer (Maria Michelle Sitko)07/29/2010 02:18 PM
Hi SS folks,
If we subscribe to Serials Solutions Article Linker, are we able to link from the A-Z list directly into the title record on our OPAC? Please see 2 screen shots attached. Currently, we go from the A-Z list to the search screen in our OPAC (instead of the record for the title). This is often confusing to our users as they expect to be led to the title itself in one step.
It works fine for our other databases.
Thank you,
--Michelle

--
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
--Philo of Alexandria (gr. Φίλων ὁ Ἀλεξανδρεύς)

****** *** ***** *** ***** *** ***** ***
Michelle Sitko
Associate Professor
Coordinator of Collection Management Services/Head, Serials Department
Marywood University Library
2300 Adams Avenue
Scranton, PA 18509-1598
Voice: (570) 340-6034
Fax: (570) 961-4769
Email: sitko@marywood.edusitko@marywood.edu>

==================== application File Attachment ====================
Doc1.docx, 183775 bytes, added to incident

--
[...]

Serials Assistant
Marywood University, Learning Resources Center

2300 Adams Avenue
Scranton, PA 18509-1598
(570)348-6263