From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Gurevich, Konstantin
Sent: Thursday, 07 October, 2010 8:13 AM
To: SERIALST@list.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Adding journal records to CONSER

                I don’t think this statement is true: Serials Solutions may only use CONSER records, not OCLC records.

                SS will use whatever records your library tells them to use, even the short temporary records they create themselves in the absence of anything else, so this is just a matter of adjusting your MARC records profile with them – the one that was filled out when the original contract was signed.

                Hope this helps.

Konstantin Gurevich

Head

Serials Cataloging and Metadata Maintenance

Rush Rhees Library

University of Rochester

Rochester, NY 14627-9452

(585) 275-9452