On 3/1/2011 10:48 AM, Victoria C. Vega wrote:

If it is just a change in the order of the words, it is considered a minor change.  We do not process minor title changes.  You could add a 246 field to your record with this change.

Vicky

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Ham, Deb L.
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:34 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities

Has anyone dealt with this one yet? Is this considered a title change since they just changed the order of the words? Any assistance appreciated.

Thank you.

Deb Ham

Serials Associate

Reinert Alumni Memorial Library – Creighton University

When there is a minor change like this, do you shelve all of the issues together?  I would probably have to put labels on each issue so that my student employees shelve them in the right place.  This is so frustrating.   If they want to change the title, why not actually change the title?

Arrgh.

--
Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries." Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth Catalog