You can check and see if the journal is in Portico or CLOCKSS, presuming your library participates in one or both.

We participate in Portico.  I feel a lot more comfortable cancelling the print version when the electronic is deposited in Portico, or slated to be deposited.  They already have a few journals that have experienced a “trigger event” and are now accessible through Portico.

Also, if the journal is archived in JSTOR and it doesn’t have a permanent cut-off date, I am confident of having perpetual access there.

--

Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian

Tutt Library, Colorado College

diane.westerfield@coloradocollege.edu

(719) 389-6661

(719) 389-6082 (fax)