From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Kathleen Dougherty
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:57 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] tracking usage of current print journal issues

Hi,

I’m a new serials librarian. We are barcoding our bound journal issues for inventory and statistical purposes. But with current issues, we'll be deleting those individual barcodes once they are bound and replacing them with one for the bound volume, and would therefore lose the stats associated with those barcodes.  I’d be interested to hear how other libraries handle this issue.

Thanks.

Kate Dougherty

Electronic Resources & Government Documents Librarian

Leonard S. Washington Memorial Library

Southern University at New Orleans

6400 Press Drive

New Orleans, LA  70126