Thanks to Ken for the tip - I just went and pulled our Sept 24th issue.  Here's what it says:

"To Our Readers:
Beginning Oct. 1, The Inquirer is enhancing the Saturday newspaper for those who now buy it on the newsstand or in stores.

To offer more comprehensive news, information and advertising, we are combining our Saturday newsstand edition with the early edition of the Sunday Inquirer.  This new package will provide more live sports from Friday night, the best features of the Sunday Inquirer, and, of course, lots of coupons and advertising sections that will not only let you plan your weekend shopping, but make the paper a real bargain.

If you get the paper delivered at home, you'll see no change in your Saturday paper.  If you're now a newsstand buyer and would like to get the same Saturday and Sunday papers you always have, call 1-877-997-8632 to set up home delivery."

I hope that helps clear the situation up.

Johanna

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Ken Siegert <ken.siegert@fandm.edu> wrote:
There was something about it on the bottom front page of the Sept 24th issue; I don't remember exactly what it said (I'm at home now).

--Ken

---------
Ken Siegert
Acquisitions Assistant
Electronic Resources & Periodicals / U.S. Documents
Shadek-Fackenthal Library
Franklin & Marshall College
P.O. Box 3003
Lancaster, PA  17604-3003

Phone -     (717) 291-4219
Fax -     (717) 291-4160

On Oct 26, 2011, at 4:24 PM, WILMA REEDER wrote:

If anyone does have info – I would be interested also. We were told by our carrier that it wasn’t being printed anymore also.

Wilma L. Reeder
Serials Manager & Government Document Technician
Snowden Library – Lycoming College
700 College Place
Williamsport PA 17701