"All you need to be is somebody who believes there should be more open access!"

What if you are among those who believe that public money should not be granted to incorporated entities?

IW

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Stevan Harnad <harnad@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Prosser <david.prosser -- rluk.ac.uk>
Date: May 21, 2012 4:30:26 PM EDT
To: "Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)" <goal@eprints.org>
Subject: [GOAL] White House Petition Calling for Open Access

I'm sure that  many of you will have already seen this - but a petition has been launched by access2research (http://access2research.org/) on the White House website calling for open access to US tax-payer funded research.  It the petition reaches 25,000 signatories in 30 days it will get an official response from the US Administration.

The petition is here:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/require-free-access-over-internet-scientific-journal-articles-arising-taxpayer-funded-research/wDX82FLQ

Anybody can sign - you don't have to be a US citizen.  All you need to be is somebody who believes there should be more open access!  Please sign.

David

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* Have questions or need help? Contact: SERIALST-REQUEST@LIST.UVM.EDU
* For additional information, see SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines.

I. Woodward
Serials Desk
Colgate University Libraries
Case Library and Geyer Center for Information Technology
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, N.Y. 13346

Ph.:    315-228-7306
Fax:   315-228-7934

I haven't gone anywhere.  I'm employed.  -  Joe DiMaggio  [att.]