From: "Virginia Rumph" <vrumph@BUTLER.EDU>
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:20:38 PM
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Serials Backfile Vendors

Vicki,

                We swear by Absolute (http://www.absolute-inc.com/_/).  We send them shipments of items we don’t need for credit, and use their wonderful website to fill gaps (either whole volumes, or single issues)

Virginia

Virginia A. Rumph

Serials Librarian

Irwin Library

Butler University

4600 Sunset Ave.

Indianapolis, IN 46208

vrumph@butler.edu

(317) 940-6491 (phone)

(317) 940-8039 (fax)

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Vicki Godin Noel
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:52 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

We used to sell some of our scholarly discards to PSC:

http://www.periodicals.com/e/index.html

They turn around and sell them to folks looking to fill gaps.

Vicki Godin Noel
Acquisitions
University of Maine @ Farmington

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Susie Bossenga <susie.bossenga@wheaton.edu> wrote:

We are trying to fill in gaps in our serials print holdings for titles not available online.  Other than Backserv and contacting the publisher directly, are there other sources we can use to purchase back issues?

Thanks,

Susie Bossenga

Serials & Electronic Resources Librarian

Buswell Library/Wheaton College

501 College Ave.

Wheaton, IL 60187

(630) 752-5852

Fax: (630)752-5855

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* Have questions or need help? Contact: SERIALST-REQUEST@LIST.UVM.EDU
* For additional information, see SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines.