We have it for our local newspaper.  Library staff indexes the paper, so patrons are able to locate the date and page for local stories they are looking for, so the lack of keyword searching is less of a problem for us.  The images are clear and clean, and since they are digital, it means printing out what you want, and only what you want, is much easier.

You select the newspaper you are interested in, then use drop down boxes to select the year and date you want.  You can even specify the page you want.  The full page is then presented, with previous and succeeding pages on either side, just as on the roll, so you can scroll in either direction.

And for those who (like me) are keeping an electronic family tree, the ability to attach an image to a family member’s record is a nice extra.

Charles L. King

Serials Librarian

Hawaii State Library

Hawaii State Public Library System