From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Judith M Nagata
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:14 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Magazine apps

We had the same question regarding our online subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education from our faculty. At this time the institutional license does not allow access via mobile device apps. If the faculty member wants it as an app on their iphone (etc.), they need to get their own subscription. They can, however, open a web browser, go to the Chronicle’s site and sign in under our institutional umbrella and get access to the content.

The license for the online subscription or a call to your jobber/publisher really helps define what can and cannot happen with these subscriptions and mobile devices.

Judith M. Nagata

Electronic Resources Librarian

Library Central Services

HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College

One HACC Dr.

Harrisburg, PA 17110

Ph: (717) 221-1300, x1624

http://lib2.hacc.edu