Hello,
We list all options in one record as follows (WRLC is our off-site consortium storage facility):

Theology today.

Location:
AU: Internet Resources
Call Number:
AU Electronic journals
Number of Items:
1
Notes:
Remote access restricted to American University authorized users.
Linked Resources:
Click here to access the journal online.
Location:
AU:LIB Microforms Collection
Call Number:
MICROFICHE
Number of Items:
Library Has:
v.35 (1978/1979)-v.50 (1993/1994)
Notes:
Bound holdings : v.1 (1944)-v.34 (1977/1978), v.49 (1992)-
Location:
WRLC Center
Call Number:
No call number available
Number of Items:
Library Has:
v.1 (1944/1945)-v.34 (1977/1978), v.40 (1983/1984), v.49 (1992/1993)-v.66 (2009/2010)
Notes:
Held at WRLC Center; available for delivery (Library use only)

There's also a separate entry in the search results for just the electronic:
#
Your Search Matched
Actual Journal Title
Date
Library
[ 1 ] Theology today. Theology today. 1944 AU

Multiple holdings

[ 2 ] Theology today [electronic resource]. Theology today 1944 AU

AU: Electronic Journals Call Number: AU Electronic Journal Status: Available

Dawn

Dawn Fairbanks
Serials and Processing
American University Library
4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-8046
202-885-3206

From:        Julie Moore <julie.renee.moore@GMAIL.COM>
To:        SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU,
Date:        01/08/2013 09:08 PM
Subject:        [SERIALST] Paper --> Online serials
Sent by:        "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum" <SERIALST@list.uvm.edu>

What are you all doing when you have paper serials that turn into online serials -- but you keep the paper back issues?

This is a common scenario:

1. We have a paper serial title.
2. The paper serial is still being published, and we keep the back issues.
3. It is decided for whatever reason that our library will go with the same title in some database or electronic journal package ... which we put in our A-Z list ... and we stop getting the paper serial.

Do you make any notation in your paper record to direct users over to the A-Z list?

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes,
Julie Moore

--
Julie Renee Moore
Head of Cataloging

julie.renee.moore@gmail.com
559-278-5813

Don’t just Search for information in an empty box…

FIND IT at the LIBRARY

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* For additional information, see
SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines.