Re Vogue. We subscribe and are quite happy with it.  Amazing to read coverage from Paris during WWII, among other historical events.

Mary Page
University of Central Florida

sent from my mobile

On May 3, 2013 11:00 PM, "SERIALST automatic digest system" <LISTSERV@list.uvm.edu> wrote:

Topics of the day:

  1. Vogue Archive for libraries. (6)
  2. WorldShare Metadata collection management
  3. International Journal of Economic Issues
  4. experience with W.T. Cox
  5. Commercial digest (2 messages)

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 12:54:11 +0000
From:    "Waldrop, Christopher A" <christopher.waldrop@VANDERBILT.EDU>
Subject: Vogue Archive for libraries.

Hello,

I've just sent a request to Vogue magazine for more information about their online archive which is available to either individuals or corporations. Has any other library subscribed to this? I'm not sure they're used to dealing with academic subscribers.

Thank you.

Christopher Waldrop
Serials Coordinator
Vanderbilt University Library
Ph: 615-343-3831
Fax: 615-343-8834

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 09:02:21 -0400
From:    Andree Rathemacher <andree@URI.EDU>
Subject: Re: Vogue Archive for libraries.

If you're an academic library, you have to order through ProQuest, not
direct.

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Waldrop, Christopher A <
christopher.waldrop@vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

>  Hello,****
>
> ** **
>
> I’ve just sent a request to Vogue magazine for more information about
> their online archive which is available to either individuals or
> corporations. Has any other library subscribed to this? I’m not sure
> they’re used to dealing with academic subscribers.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you.****
>
> ** **
>
> Christopher Waldrop****
>
> Serials Coordinator****
>
> Vanderbilt University Library****
>
> Ph: 615-343-3831****
>
> Fax: 615-343-8834****

> * You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries
> discussion forum)
> * For additional information, see SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage
> Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>.

Andrée Rathemacher  |  Professor / Head, Acquisitions
University Libraries, University of Rhode Island  |  (401) 874-5096  |
andree@uri.edu

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 13:19:12 +0000
From:    "Kellett, Susan" <skellet@EMORY.EDU>

We subscribe through Proquest and it works well. I don't use it for research, but I do enjoy looking at it. :)

Susan Kellett Gue
Electronic & Continuing Resources
Emory University

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2013, at 9:00 AM, "Waldrop, Christopher A" <christopher.waldrop@VANDERBILT.EDU<mailto:christopher.waldrop@VANDERBILT.EDU>> wrote:

Hello,

I’ve just sent a request to Vogue magazine for more information about their online archive which is available to either individuals or corporations. Has any other library subscribed to this? I’m not sure they’re used to dealing with academic subscribers.

Thank you.

Christopher Waldrop
Serials Coordinator
Vanderbilt University Library
Ph: 615-343-3831
Fax: 615-343-8834

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* For additional information, see SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines<http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>.

________________________________

prohibited.

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 13:56:27 +0000
From:    Nancy Gibbs <Nancy.Gibbs@DUKE.EDU>

Christopher
Duke University bought this product last year and the deal was concluded with ProQuest, not Vogue. Nancy

Nancy J. Gibbs
Head, Acquisitions Department
Duke University Libraries
Campus Box 90187
114 S. Buchanan Blvd
Durham, NC 27708-0187
P: 919-660-5894
F:919-684-2978

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 11:45:14 -0400
From:    Andree Rathemacher <andree@URI.EDU>

I like the ads for Monsanto, back when they made polyester!

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 09:24:36 -0500
From:    Jana Brubaker <jbrubake@NIU.EDU>
Subject: WorldShare Metadata collection management

Please excuse the cross posting

Is anyone using WorldShare Metadata collection management? If so, I would be interested in knowing what your experience has been. Thanks.

Jana Brubaker
Head, Technical Services Dept.
Founders Memorial Library
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
jbrubake@niu.edu

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 15:42:46 -0400
From:    Sarah D Tusa <sarah.tusa@LAMAR.EDU>
Subject: International Journal of Economic Issues

Happy Friday!

Does anyone know of a faculty member who has successfully published in International Journal of Economic Issues ? It is published by a company based in India called Serials Publications, but the professor who is trying to submit an article
is apparently baffled by the fact that no one from Serials Publications is returning his call. I told him there are also 4 different e-mail addresses on their website, but that did not seem to help.

I also searched the journal in UlrichsWeb, but neither the title nor the publisher appears to be listed.

This query is a bit of a long-shot, but I told our professor that I would try a few more resources.

Thanks for any tips!

--

Sarah Tusa, Associate Professor
Coordinator of Collection Development

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 16:22:47 -0400
From:    Rosemary Burgos-Mira <rburgosm@NYIT.EDU>

Hi  Christopher,

We get this title through both ProQuest and Gale.

Rosemary Burgos-Mira, MS, MLIS
Electronic Resources Librarian
New York Institute of Technology
Wisser Library- M23
Northern Boulevard
Old Westbury, New York 11568-8000
516-686-3790
516-686-1152 Fax
rburgosm@nyit.edu<mailto:rburgosm@nyit.edu>

Date:    Wed, 1 May 2013 22:04:41 -0500
From:    Sandra Thomas <STHOMAS@SE.EDU>
Subject: Re: experience with W.T. Cox

Our experience has been wonderful.  We went with Cox in 2008.  We got lost in the shuffle when our Ebsco office closed and moved operations to Denver.  By the time they closed the Denver office and moved our account to Birmingham I was done.  I was looking for customer service when I went with W.T. Cox and that is exactly what we got.  They are always quick to respond to my inquiries and always willing to help anyway they can.  I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Sandra Thomas
Assistant Professor
Serials/Electronic Resources & ILL Librarian
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
1405 N. 4th PMB 4189
Durant, OK 74701-0609
580.745.2933
Fax: 580.745.7463
www.SE.edu<http://www.SE.edu>

I am interested in hearing from anyone who would like to share their experiences with W.T. Cox as a subscription agent.

Thanks,

Lenis L. McBride
Cataloger/Interim Serials Librarian
J.F. Drake Memorial Library and Learning Resources Center
Alabama A&M University
Normal, AL  35764
(256) 372-4721

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* Have questions or need help? Contact: SERIALST-REQUEST@LIST.UVM.EDU<mailto:SERIALST-REQUEST@LIST.UVM.EDU>

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2013 20:15:42 -0400
From:    SERIALST Moderator <bmaclenn@UVM.EDU>
Subject: Commercial digest (2 messages)

Commercial Digest, a once-a-week digest of messages containing
informational content from commercial bodies (i.e., publishers, vendors,
agents, etc.)
/
//This week's digest contains 2 messages:/
1.  Taylor & Francis survey on facilitating access to free content
2.  PRESS RELEASE: De Gruyter Acquires the Publisher Ontos. High-Quality
Additions to De Gruyter's Philosophy Portfolio

*(1)-----------------------------*
Date:       Mon, 30 Apr 2013 6:42 AM
From: Rosie Palmer <rosie.palmer@tbicommunications.com>
*Subject:  Taylor & Francis survey on facilitating access to free content*
** Complete our survey on facilitating access to free content to win a
Kindle Fire

*Taylor & Francis invite you to share your views on the library's role
in facilitating access to freely available content*

Taylor & Francis would like to invite all librarians to participate in
their online survey. Among the many challenges librarians face today is
the question of how to help users understand the value of the increasing
quantity of free content that is available to read, including open
access journals, repositories, blogs and wikis. Without measures such as
usage statistics or Impact Factors, which factors influence decisions
about the value and relevance of free online content? What is the
library's ongoing role in helping users discover, evaluate and use it?

Taylor & Francis is investigating how librarians facilitate access to
free online content and the associated challenges that they face when
doing so. We invite you to participate in an online survey, from which
Taylor and Francis will develop a White Paper to help share experiences
and practices related to non-purchased content. All entrants will be
included in a prize draw to win a Kindle Fire. _Terms and Conditions
apply_ (http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pdf/tandc/Kindle-May2013.pdf).
You can find the survey _here_:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Free-online-content

The white paper will be made available on the Taylor & Francis website
later this year and key findings will be presented at NASIG 2013.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and helping to shape
recommendations for future best practice.

_____________

Rosie Palmer
Marketing Executive
On behalf of Taylor & Francis
TBI Communications Limited, Oxford, OX33 1LZ, UK

http://www.tbicommunications.com <http://www.tbicommunications.com/>
Specializing in communications for the learned publishing sector.
See our website for the full range of communication, marketing, design
and exhibition services we can offer.

TBI Communications Limited is a limited company registered in England
and Wales.
Registered number: 5375015. Registered office: 62a Church Road,
Wheatley, Oxford. Oxfordshire. OX33 1LZ, UK

*(2)-----------------------------*
Date:       Thu, 2 May 2013 13:01:51 +0200
From:      <Ulrike.Lippe@degruyter.com>
*Subject: *PRESS RELEASE: De Gruyter Acquires the Publisher Ontos.
High-Quality Additions to De Gruyter's Philosophy Portfolio

*PRESS RELEASE*

*De Gruyter Acquires the Publisher Ontos *
*High-Quality Additions to De Gruyter's Philosophy Portfolio *

Berlin, 2 May 2013 -- De Gruyter is proud to announce that it has
acquired the German publisher Ontos, effective 1 May.

Ontos has a strong international orientation, publishing some 50 titles
and three journals each year in the fields of philosophy
<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophie>and mathematical logic
<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematische_Logik>. The publishing
house's backlist comprises some 300 publications, 90% of which contain
English content. All books and journals are released in print as well as
electronic form.

"This acquisition enhances both the quality and breadth of our
philosophy portfolio," says Anke Beck, Vice President of Humanities
Publishing at De Gruyter. "The 23 book series and three journals of
international repute published by Ontos represent a superb addition to
our existing portfolio, expanding it in the fields of logic, ontology,
metaphysics, and analytical philosophy."

Dr. Rafael Hüntelmann, who founded Ontos in 2003, will continue to
manage the publishing house's portfolio. All eBooks previously available
at Ontos' website can now be obtained at De Gruyter Online. "We couldn't
have found a better partner for the takeover of Ontos," says Dr. Rafael
Hüntelmann.

For more information: http://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/601

_Contact _

Ulrike Lippe
Public Relations Manager
Tel. +49 (0)30-260 05 153
ulrike.lippe@degruyter.com <mailto:ulrike.lippe@degruyter.com>

*De Gruyter*: The academic publishing house De Gruyter can look back on
a history spanning over 260 years. The Berlin-based group of companies
releases over 1,250 new titles each year in the fields of medicine, the
humanities, natural sciences, and law, in addition to more than 650
journals and digital media publications. The De Gruyter Group includes
the publishing houses Versita, Birkhäuser, Oldenbourg Wissenschaft, and
Akademie. www.degruyter.com <http://www.degruyter.com>

* You are subscribed to the SERIALST listserv (Serials in Libraries discussion forum)
* For additional information, see  the SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines <http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html>

End of SERIALST Digest - 2 May 2013 to 3 May 2013 (#2013-89)