Laura,

Thanks – this does help some.   Since I can then limit result further by “number of libraries”   it does help focus on titles I need to manually check for availably.

Diane

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Laura Vogler
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 10:02 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Checking collection against OCLC holdings

Not sure if this is the information you are looking for but I will offer it up just in case.

I did a search in OCLC Worldcat using the FirstSearch version.

Limit to:   Material Type:  SER

Limit to:   Serial Publications

Limit to:   Items in my library

When the search runs, it translates to this – mt:SER and li: IWC.  I then click on the Serials tab and it translates to this – mt:SER and dt=”ser” and li:IWC.  I am now looking at list of just my serial titles and can easily see the number of libraries that own each title.  I tried to replicate this search in Worldcat local with no success as I could find no way to limit by material type.  When I tried to replicate in OCLC Connexion web, there were too many results so would not display.

Let me know if you would like for me to send you a screenshot.  I tried to include a pic but my post got rejected because of it.

Kind Regards,

Laura

Laura Vogler

Serials & Electronic Resources

Wabash College - Lilly Library

301 W Wabash Ave

Crawfordsville, IN  47933

Phone:  765-361-6215 / Fax:  765-361-6295

Email:  voglerl@wabash.edu

Website:  http://library.wabash.edu