I would agree with the previous responses to your questions. There are 2 parts to your question: content and management. To the previous list of packages (JSTOR, et al), I would add OVID for Nursing and Allied Health if you have those programs. And, nothing really covers all the content that your faculty may want or need. As for management, I agree that your subscription agent can provide a lot of support to help you “turn on” multiple titles at one time. I have found that besides not negotiating license terms, the agents also do not “manage” the lists. Someone needs to watch the lists and be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining  (e.g. number of simultaneous users, titles that are supposed to be part of a collection that do not activate, watching that cut off dates are correct : access from 2000-present), and providing access in your catalog, website, etc (including proxy access and maintaining correct links). A Journals A-Z list product is very useful, but will be an additional annual cost.

Good luck. Our community college has begun to consistently add electronic journals to our collection. We are struggling more with cost and ROI right now than maintenance.

Judith Nagata

Electronic Resources Librarian

HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College

Library Central Services

One HACC Dr., Whittaker 226F

Harrisburg, PA 17110

Phone: (717) 780-2535