In addition to what some other SERIALSTers have replied, there is another step that hasn’t been mentioned. In cases where the provider is new to the library, you may need to sign and return a license agreement before activation.  As with access provision, you may or may not be directly notified that you need to do this.  When in doubt, ask your subscription agent for help.  They are great resources and you should not hesitate to contact your agent.

Luckily (?) we are not adding many new resources, so we aren’t spending too much time checking on access, but a reminder system is a must.  Why is it so hard for publishers to let us know we have access to their products? Our users won’t use your materials unless we let them know we have access.

Thank you,

Susan Davis

Acquisitions Librarian for Continuing Resources

University at Buffalo (SUNY)

134 Lockwood Library

Buffalo, NY 14260-2210

716-645-2784