P.S. That would be the tool function inside the MarcEditor.

Glenda Jones

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Hofstetter, Robin
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 7:59 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] 222 field

Hello,

Our Serials Solutions records are often missing the 222 fields which isn’t required by OCLC and we are using the Sierra version of III which has a periodical title search function that searches 222. If your ILS has a periodical search function is it utilized for electronic records?

If so or even if not, does anyone have technical knowledge with MARC Edit where you might help me figure out how to add a missing 222 to my records? In batch?   I can find the missing 222 by title 245 but then how do I add these without doing it one at a time? I can’t figure it out.   I might sometimes receive 3,000 new records.

Thanks so much! Have a great day.

-Robin

Robin Hofstetter

Serials Acquisitions Librarian

Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County

513-369-6923

robin.hofstetter@cincinnatilibrary.org

* For additional information, see SERIALST Scope, Purpose and Usage Guidelines.