I also put in a lot of these, as they get reported to me by other library staff. I find EBSCO to be at least as responsive as other vendors, although, as others have said, it can take weeks or a few months so ILL is always the right immediate solution (the problem is almost always found by a patron).

We don't attempt to systematically check aggregate content, but we do systematically check access for individually subscribed online titles.

I would like to encourage everyone to take the time to report these - remember when you do it, it's not just for yourself but all of us!

--
Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Fearer, Kathleen E (EED) <kathleen.fearer@alaska.gov> wrote:

We put in a lot of these requests.  I generally do it as a technical support request, using the form on EBSCO’s support site.  EBSCO is pretty responsive to these requests, although it does often take weeks or even several months (as you’ve seen) for the missing content to show up.  We generally use ILL to obtain articles instead of waiting for the missing content, but I still alert EBSCO to the missing content – they want to know about it, and I figure if we are noticing it, other libraries probably are too.

Katie Fearer

Public Services Librarian

Alaska State Library

P.O. Box 110571