Hi Alana,

ACS pricing is based on your size as well as on your usage in combination. Go back to your ACS representation and ask for a full explanation on the cost increase. It may be your FTE and usage both drove your institution into another pricing bracket with ACS. If this is the case, ask the representative if there is a a way to step up the cost increase over a two year period so you do not have to absorb it all in one single subscription year. Lastly, go back to your license agreement and see what language is in the license. If you signed a multi-year deal, you may be negotiate pricing steps across the years of the deal. Lastly, let faculty in your Chemistry department know of this situation difficulties it puts on the library to serve all areas of campus when societies use publications as a means of supporting the society.

all the best,

Jill

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Lopez, Sol M <smlopez@utep.edu> wrote:

Hello Alana,

Not sure if you attended NASIG 2014 in Fort Worth, TX, this year. Jenica Rogers was a keynote speaker and your email reminded me of her message regarding this. You may access it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVvnh_CzXS8YgftuvIypTiQ

Best,

Sol

Sol Maria Lopez

Serials, Cataloging Librarian