Here is our weeding criteria for bound journals:

We keep very old journals for only a few titles that have historical significance like National Geographic and Time.  These are still used by students for research.  We also keep old journals that have a special significance to our college.  We aren’t a specialty library or a big research institution, so we don’t think it’s necessary to keep obsolete or little-used material as if we are some museum of periodicals.  We have finite room and we have to consider what students are actually using.

Abbigail Stauber

Library Technician

P: 724.847.6693  - F:  724.847.6687

acgregg@geneva.edu

GENEVA COLLEGE  3200 College Ave., Beaver Falls, PA 15010