Eridan,

It really depends on what you want to cover in the large universe of e-resources – is the scope of the FAQ mostly troubleshooting access?  When I researched and surveyed this list on the topic of troubleshooting techniques for a forthcoming paper, I found it really depends on your organizational structure/workflow for how troubleshooting is performed, and as a result some FAQ (through libguides, blogs, other system tools) may be directed primarily to staff, who might understand a bit more technical or organizational lingo an deven contribute to the content, where others may be primarily directed to users and the conetn more static, and the language more consistent with reference/instruction.   Some FAQs are auto-generated from question reporting and tracking systems like QuestionPoint, LibAnswers.  If you don’t have one of these, but you have some other mechanism (email account?) for how users report problems, that is a good starting place for developing the most “FAQ”. J

We have a couple of libguides for this purpose, but neither are structured as a strict list of FAQs.  Instead, for the one that is mostly internal, it is more like a checklist of things staff should try first and how to refer to other for more in depth help.  But generally it covers these common issues:

-Enrollment/employment status

-Excessive downloading or IP blocked

-Wireless access

-Remote access

It also link to our public user-directed libguide offering specific guidance on the topic of ebooks and mobile devices about which we get the most troubleshooting questions.

Hope this helps a little.

Angie

Shameless plug for the forthcoming paper:

Rathmel, A., Mobley, L., Pennington, B., & Chandler, A. (forthcoming, 2015). Tools, Techniques, and Training:

Results of E-resources Troubleshooting Survey. Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship, 27 (2), -- once published, will be available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1941126X.2015.1029398 .