From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum on behalf of Jason Skoog
Date: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM
To: "SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG"
Subject: [SERIALST] Journal Title Changes

Hi,

I am new to serials, and curious about title changes.  For example, we subscribe to Home Healthcare Nurse (holdings are v. 12(2) 1994 - Present).  It has changed it's name to Home Healthcare Now.

We keep an access database of all current, discontinued, and weeded journal titles.  Is there a consensus and how to treat journal title changes?  Do you tend to make a new record for it in your database and keep a separate Home Healthcare Nurse record?

When listing holdings for Home Healthcare Now, would you say 12(2) 1994 - Present, or would you say the holdings are 2015-Present?

Thanks for all your help!

--
Jason Skoog
Archivist and Systems Librarian

608-796-3262

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1