Since our Compact Storage is in our climate-controlled basement we will eventually store almost all of our print resource that are also available online.  It’s no problem to retrieve them if necessary.  If your storage is offsite, you have to consider demand and convenience.

Elaine McCreary

Florida A&M University

From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of Detta Morrison-Phillips
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 10:46 AM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: [SERIALST] Selection of Print for Storage

Good morning,

Our library is currently in process of selecting journal titles for storage. I see a lot in the literature about basing storage decisions on coverage in JSTOR, and occasionally Project Muse, but nothing about other databases. We’ve already stored titles held in JSTOR, and now are considering storage of content  covered by EBSCO’s Art Source and Proquest Research Library.

I understand that content is JSTOR is more stable – it is unwise to consider storage of content covered by these other databases?

Many thanks for any input,

Detta

Detta Morrison-Phillips

Interlibrary Loans / Serials Technician

NSCAD University Library

5163 Duke Street

Halifax, NS

Canada

B3J 3J6

902-494-8255

dphillips@nscad.ca

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1