All,

We also noticed these, and asked our CSR about them. I’m still not sure I understand the explanation and will be asking further questions. For now, here’s what I’ve been told:

EBSCO increased their Net Title Fee from 12.00 to 15.00. The orders that are held, due to publisher restrictions, such as these, have generated a $3.00 bill since this change was made after your 2015 renewal was generated. A Net Title Fee is when EBSCO doesn’t make a profit or get a discount from a publisher. When you renewal was processed, the NTF was $12.00 so your renewal was processed with 12.00 instead of 15.00. The titles we bill ahead on, for example start dates past June, we hold the order until a month before, so that the publisher doesn’t duplicate your order. When these orders have been processed, the 15.00 NTF is in effect so a $3.00 rate adjustment is produced.

Thanks, Erika

Erika Ripley

E-Resources & Serials Acquisitions Librarian

P.O. Box 8890

148 Davis Library, CB#3938

Chapel Hill, NC 27515-8890

(919)962-0162     eripley@unc.edu