I would definitely shelve it as a book.  It is more likely to be used that way.  Our library shelves single journals of interest that we don't have long runs for with our main collection.

April Youngblood

Serials Supervisor

Bethel University Library

3900 Bethel Drive

St. Paul, MN 55112

651.635.8644

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Stokes, Judith E. <JStokes@ric.edu> wrote:

Hi Jason,

In my library, nobody browses periodicals unless (1) they are latest issues of magazines on our display rack or (2) their prof said, “go to the library and look at issues of “[title].”

They do browse in the book stacks, so that’s where I would put it. Your catalog record will send them to the right place either way, but when it comes to literature, serendipity in the stacks is such a delight!

Cheers,

Judith

Judith E. Stokes, Associate Professor

Electronic Resources Librarian