From: "E. Gaele Gillespie" <ggillespie@KU.EDU>
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Sent: Friday, 9 September, 2016 16:09:10
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Direct linking to NYT in Factiva

It may be that the NYT is what, for academic library customers, ProQuest-Factiva refers to as a title that is only ‘Available through Third-Party Subscription Services’, meaning that such a title requires a separate subscription for access / linking.  However, it is probably more likely that the license agreement ProQuest-Factiva has with the publisher of the NYT precludes linking directly to that resource from within Factiva.  I suggest you contact your ProQuest-Factiva Customer Svc / Accnt rep and find out what the actual, current reason is.  (We did not renew our Factiva subscription at the end of 2015, not related to this issue, but due to its local cost-per-use stats and our overall budgetary situation & strategy. Factiva was one of several  databases and a swath of journals that were not renewed for 2016.)  -- Gaele

E. Gaele Gillespie

Serials Librarian

Acquisitions & RS Dept.

University of Kansas Libraries