From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of Sarah Glasser
Sent: 19 September 2016 15:58
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: [SERIALST] COUNTER DB1 Reports - Search, Clicks or Views?

Hello all,

As many of you know, the latest version of COUNTER (R4) added new metrics to the DB1 reports.  The metrics included now searches, result clicks, and record views.   I have the definitions of what they are and the differences, but I am interested in what others are tallying for their data collection.  We used to tally regular searches but result clicks and record views seem a more accurate reflection of use to me.  Have any of you grappled over this and come to a conclusion of which metric you think is the best reflection of use for your library?

Thanks in advance,

Sally

Sarah (Sally) Glasser

Serials/E-Resources Librarian

022B Axinn Library

123 Hofstra University

Hempstead, NY  11549
516-463-5959

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1