From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of Jane DeBellis
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 5:12 PM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: [SERIALST] how to collate local newsletters

Good afternoon,

Currently, I am working on a project to catalog newsletters from various local organizations.  Currently we collect these into binders using sleeves to file each issue.  I’m perfectly fine with that.

My question though is should the newsletters be filed earliest to latest in each binder or latest to earliest.  If I were binding these the issues would read front to back with the earliest issues at the front of the volume and that latest issues at the back.  Some of the ones I am pulling off our shelves has this reversed.

Is there a preferred or best practices way of doing this?

Thanks,

Jane DeBellis

janed@santarosa.fl.gov

Technical Processing Coordinator

Santa Rosa County Library System

6275 Dogwood Drive | Milton, FL 32570

P: 850.981.4063 | F: 850.626.3085

www.santarosa.fl.gov/libraries

Florida has a very broad public records law. Under Florida law, both the content of emails and email addresses are public records. If you do not want the content of your email or your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in person.

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1