From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of Eduardo Gil
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 10:03 AM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Usage statistics for current issues on open shelves

We have open stacks so it makes it difficult to keep track of re-shelved issues and bound volumes even if the issues are barcoded.  Our individual print subscriptions are way down from 20 years ago.  We have an excel spreadsheet listing all of the periodical titles where we keep track usage.  Keep it simple

On 12/7/2016 9:19 AM, Christina Torbert wrote:

Similar to Portland State, we have one barcode for each title still coming in print and as loose issues are reshelved, the barcode is scanned as in-house use. At a previous library, we kept use statistics by hand, making a list each day of issues being reshelved, but it wasn’t as big a collection. Automate as much as possible.

All the best,

Christina Torbert

Head of Continuing Resources

Bibliographer for Philosophy and Religion

Associate Professor

J.D. Williams Library

University of Mississippi

P.O. Box 1848