Kimberly,

I did our work in Voyager, but when cancelling a standing order, we moved all the information to the holdings record for items received, added a note that SO was cancelled, and removed the checkin record and closed the PO.

I did not want to leave the checkin information since I thought it could be confusing and people might still think the SO was open.

-Sincerely, Kate Seago, University of Kentucky.

From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of DeRosa, Kimberly
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 12:03 PM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: [SERIALST] Canceled Standing Orders and Check In Records

Hello everyone,

I am going through and cleaning up our canceled standing order check-in records and noticed that our library has two types of records for this:

1)       check-in records with holdings statements for some canceled standing orders (with item records attached),

2)      canceled standing order records without check-in records, the bib just has the item records attached.

Does your library have a best practice for this? Do you keep the check-in record and add a holdings statement (Sierra ILS = LIB HAS statement) or do you just delete the check-in record because the attached item records speak for themselves in the library’s catalog?

I appreciate any input!

Thanks and happy Friday,

Kimberly DeRosa, MLIS

Serials Manager

Auraria Library

1100 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80204

kimberly.derosa@ucdenver.edu

Serving the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver on one campus.

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1