From: "Vanessa Gault Steffen" <vgault@METHODIST.EDU>
To: "SERIALST@listserv.nasig.org" <SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:03:35 PM
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] free apps

Hi,

In general most (not all) databases are mobile compatible. CINAHL does have an app: http://info.hsls.pitt.edu/updatereport/?p=6645 (Personally I have never used this)

NLM has a few apps out including PubMed for Handhelds https://www.nlm.nih.gov/mobile/ (this isn't for "normal" searching PubMed but allows you to make PICO searchs, clinical queries)

I know ProQuest and EBSCO have a mobile friendly site.

Vanessa

Vanessa Steffen
Interlibrary Loan Assistant
Davis Memorial Library
Methodist University

Phone: 910-630-7117
Fax: 910-630-7119

>>> Barbara Pope <bpope@PITTSTATE.EDU> 4/19/2017 5:48 PM >>>
Hello, everyone.

I need to pick the brains of smart phone savvy folks out there.  Faculty in our School of Nursing have requested that we add some apps to our LibGuides for health information, drug information, etc.  I have found quite a few free ones that I add links to and they seem very happy with those.  My question is about apps for subscription databases.  I am kind of ignorant about apps in general because I don't have a smart phone.  How does access to a subscription database work?  How do you make ip authentication work with, for example, the database CINAHL?  Thank you in advance for the help.

Sincerely,

--
Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1