From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of Steve Oberg
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:51 PM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] question -- PDA model for journal articles

Beth,

Our library continues to be a heavy user of pay-per-view (PPV) journal articles from Springer Nature (for all Nature titles except for the small number of subscriptions we have), Elsevier, Wiley, and SAGE. By PPV we mean, institutional PPV, which usually involves purchase of chunks of prepaid tokens (the exception being for SAGE, which doesn’t support this approach at this time). For each publisher mentioned we also have some subscriptions.

Steve

Steve Oberg

Assistant Professor and Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives

Buswell Library, Wheaton College (IL)
+1 (630) 752-5852

President, NASIG

On Aug 31, 2017, at 2:42 PM, Beth M. Johns <bmjohns@SVSU.EDU> wrote:

Hello,

It seems like awhile back there was some enthusiasm for a PDA model for journal articles. Is this still a thing? Does anyone have a list of publishers who allow this?  I know Elsevier had one at one time.

We are considering access models other than the traditional package or individual subscription models.

Thank you ahead of time and enjoy the last holiday weekend of the summer!

Beth

Beth M. Johns, MLIS

E-Resources Librarian

Saginaw Valley State University

Melvin J. Zahnow Library

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1