There are a lot of approaches to providing access to OA publications. My eventual (and elusive) goal is to be able to provide access to desired OA material at the article level, even when the journal may not be OA. My library uses Primo as a discovery tool with Alma on the back end. I've found this makes it somewhat easier make OA material accessible. We get catalog records for OA journals from the Community Zone at the time we bring things into our resolver knowledge base, which means we don't have to do much to manage records. We also have found that the Primo Central Index is at least sometimes able to identify OA articles from hybrid journals, which is great. Most of that seems to come from OA repositories that have been added to the index. A couple things to investigate:

The oaDOI integration with SFX: http://blog.impactstory.org/oadoi-in-sfx/. This can help with resolving to OA material at the article level.

You may also want to look at ROAD for identifying titles: http://road.issn.org/ or even for downloading records: http://road.issn.org/en/contenu/download-road-records

Chris Bulock
Collection Coordinator for Electronic Resource Management
California State University Northridge

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 10:26 AM Judith Koveleskie <kovelesk@setonhill.edu> wrote:
We have simply added two pages to our library website, so that when we find good databases we list them:

We include the following disclaimer:

We offer these web sites as a supplement to those materials available only through Reeves Memorial Library.

Because these are freely available, we have no control over any malfunction, but would be happy to help you with your searches.

Judith A. Koveleskie, Serials Librarian
Seton Hill University, Reeves Memorial Library
1 Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601-1548
724-838-7828
This document may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you received it in error, please  contact the sender at once and destroy the document. The document may contain information subject to restrictions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Acts. Such information may not be disclosed or used in any fashion outside the scope of the service for which you are receiving the information.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Beth M. Johns <bmjohns@svsu.edu> wrote:

Hi Igor,

We haven't found a good method to introduce users to open access yet. Or a way to "control" the content.

We use EBSCO Publication Finder for our online journals (and Full Text Finder for the link resolver). We've enabled a few open access aggregators (DOAJ for example), but I'm finding that EBSCO's open access lists are often a better choice as far as reliability in the link is concerned. Wiley, Springer, Elsevier, etc. all have their own open access packages in EBSCO's administrative site, so I've enabled those as well.

Traditionally, we do not catalog our open access titles -- we have only one cataloger and her assistant and they do not have time to do this.

I've created an open access LibGuide, which I admit needs a little freshening, but at some point, we may catalog the guide and hopefully this will point users to open access resources.

Beth M. Johns, MLIS

E-Resources Librarian

Saginaw Valley State University

Melvin J. Zahnow Library