From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of Shroyer, Andrew
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 5:16 PM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: [SERIALST] Item records for individual serial pieces vs. entire journal runs

Hi All,

Does your library affix barcodes and create item records for every physical piece in your journals collection?  Or do you rather go with an item record for each separate journal title run?

I wonder about practices at other libraries, whether economy of labor or thoroughness generally wins out.

If you don't mind dropping me a line or sharing generally with the list here what your practices are, with any thoughts on the topic, please respond.

Thanks much.

--Andrew Shroyer

To unsubscribe from the SERIALST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1