I have been working with periodicals for 34 years and I am planning to retire this summer. I am full time staff.

I supervise periodical check in of 2700 titles done by student employees. We continue to cancel print and move to ejournals.

I am responsible for claims work via Ebsconet and Sirsi claims reports.

I am currently the only serials cataloger left for current periodicals.  I catalog original, member,  and copy periodicals and Special Collections periodicals, mostly original.   I create, edit, and update all control records and bib records . As people retired I had to take on the work of the faculty cataloger and other staff.

I did get an MLIS in 2005 but was not advanced to faculty status , a group of us got our degrees but were not advanced.

I also do member and copy monograph cataloging and supervise the processing of Government Documents and edit bib records for Gov Docs when needed.

I used to edit all of the LHRs in OCLC but have run out of time for that and it does not seem to be a priority for anyone now.

We used to have thousands more in print and six staff working under one faculty member. Over time it has shrunk to the 2700.

I have way too much to do but carry on as best I can.

I don’t know what they are going to do when I retire.