Hi LeAnne,

Thank you for the clarification. The reserve solution is one that we've used here for other types of materials in order to ensure that they are available to users but to prevent damage or theft.

Best,
Mark Winek
Georgetown University

Mark D. Winek
Unit Head, Electronic Resources & Serials
Georgetown University
Joseph Mark Lauinger Memorial Library
37th & O Streets, NW
Washington, DC 20057-1174
Phone: (202) 687-0774
Fax: (202) 687-7503

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 1:02 PM, LeAnne Rumler <lrumler@hillsdale.edu> wrote:

Hi Mark,

We frequently have journals turned around, placed underneath the shelf or on top of the stack if the cover has any nudity or LBGTQ content.  We have also had issues just disappear – either stolen or thrown away.  I regularly walk the stacks to put things back in place.  We have had problems with the swimsuit issue in the past so I was trying something different this year – treating it like a reserve item.

LeAnne

LeAnne Rumler

Technical Services Librarian, serials

Mossey Library