Hi, Dusty.

Yes, Judith’s comment is what I understand to be true as well. However, I have reiterated to T&F and do so again, especially to current individually subscribing customers here, the consideration of value in the flexibility of the (former 1997-pres, individual title) subscription model, which is at stake here.  Budget uncertainties warrant a cautious approach to packages or set spend commitments. T&F is among only a few major publishers not currently limited to a big deal model, and who also who has partnered in the SERU licensing initiative.  We highly value both these elements in our relationship with T&F and it is both these, as well as the principles and value of the access model, which I personally want to make certain don’t get overlooked.

I know that GWLA, my library consortia, is meeting this week to discuss this, and I encourage others to do the same with their consortia or institutions, and take the opportunity to educate publishers.

-Angie

Angela Rathmel

Head of Acquisitions & Resource Sharing

University of Kansas Libraries