We do not circulate any of our loose issues or bound volumes.  As you say, they are irreplaceable and I do not have the time or funds to chase them down from O/P vendors, eBay or Amazon.  We have multiple scanners and a color photocopier in our building.  I always jokingly say if a student is going to steal anything, I'd rather it be a book which you can almost always find on Amazon.

-Steve
Jen Library / SCAD

From: "Tina Herman Buck" <tinabuck@gmail.com>
To: serialst@simplelists.com
Cc: "Tina Buck" <tina.buck@ucf.edu>, "joseph bizon" <joseph.bizon@ucf.edu>
Sent: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:20:09 AM
Subject: [SERIALST] Price & lending policy for lost bound periodical volumes?

Hi all,

Do you have a default price for lost volumes of bound periodicals?  Do you loan them out?

We loan ours via ILL and when they don't come back,  we need to supply a price to our billing staff. But these things are usually old, irreplaceable, and lack comparables to base a price on.

I'm thinking either set a standard price per volume or no more lending. I'd like to know what others do. I'd also like to know what your default price is,  if you have one, as we need to bill for a couple that went lost.

Sincerely,
Tina Buck
Electronic Resources Librarian
University of Central Florida

Steve Majure
Serials Librarian
Jen Library
Savannah College of Art and Design®
PO Box 3146
Savannah, GA  31402-3146

T: 912.525.4702
smajure@scad.edu - www.scad.edu
library.scad.edu

SCAD40: Forty Creative Years

SCAD: The University for Creative Careers ®
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by electronic mail and then delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.