Thanks, Steve.  Yes, I was happy to see that and hope that we see a lot more!  Amira

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 11, 2020, at 5:15 PM, Steve Oberg <steve.oberg@wheaton.edu> wrote:

Here’s something just posted on ERIL-L which kind of gets at what you’re asking, Amira.

From: Eril-l <eril-l-bounces@lists.eril-l.org> on behalf of Elena Wayne <ewayne@docuseek2.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 3:21 PM
To: "eril-l@lists.eril-l.org" <eril-l@lists.eril-l.org>
Subject: [Eril-l] Temporary STREAMING access for distance-learning during the COVID-19 outbreak

To help out with the challenge of maintaining instruction in cases where face-to-face instruction is cancelled, Docuseek has worked out an arrangement with its distribution partners, Bullfrog Films and Icarus Films, to make any of their titles on Docuseek available for educational streaming, at no charge, as long as the school has a legally-acquired copy of the title (any format), through June 30.

If there are Docuseek titles from other distributors (e.g. Kartemquin, First Run, National Film Board) that you have a hard copy of and your faculty want to use in remote teaching during this period, let us know and we can see what we can do to make the film available.

If this is something that you are interested in pursuing, please contact ewayne@docuseek2.com.

Elena Wayne

Sales & Marketing Manager

Docuseek2

Docuseek2.com

ewayne@docuseek2.com

847-537-0606

Steve

Steve Oberg

Assistant Professor and Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives

Buswell Library | Wheaton College (IL) | +1 (630) 752-5852

Make an appointment

From: <serialst@simplelists.com> on behalf of "Aaron, Amira" <A.Aaron@northeastern.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 3:10 PM
To: "serialst@simplelists.com" <serialst@simplelists.com>
Subject: [SERIALST] Possible vendor help

I am wondering if any vendors/publishers are thinking about helping libraries in this time of so many institutions moving to online instruction.  Might they consider offering temporary access to their online resources for a reasonable fee?  Or as a free service to generate goodwill?  And foregoing complicated licenses to expedite access?  It seems like the right time for the scholarly community to work together once again for the good of our students, faculty and researchers.

Amira Aaron

Associate Dean, Content and Discovery

Northeastern University Library