If the journal title hasn't changed or been through some other major change (as defined in RDA), why would you create a separate record for the post-June 2018 content?  Why not have two 856 fields, one for pre-June 2018 content and one for post-June 2018 content?

From the description, I'm not understanding what the issue is?

Steve Shadle
Head, Serials Cataloging
University of Washington Libraries

From: serialst@simplelists.com <serialst@simplelists.com> on behalf of Rachael Davis <davirach@ohsu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:39 PM
To: serialst@simplelists.com <serialst@simplelists.com>
Subject: [SERIALST] JEMS exclusives question

Hi all,

This one is a little tricky and some suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are using this OCLC record for our online record of JEMS: 60624579. JEMS moved online with their June 2018 issue and per their JEMS Journal landing page: https://www.jems.com/journal/

JEMS ceased print publication with our June 2018 issue. New, original content from JEMS are published online. You can access these articles (sorted by publication date) in our index of Exclusive Articles.

The exclusives are on a new page: https://www.jems.com/exclusives/

I feel like I can’t close out the online record because it’s still in publication online but I also can’t use the same link for the archived journal issues and the new articles that are published somewhere else.

I haven’t found a new OCLC record for the Exclusives articles or any notes about this change in any of the records. I’m just wondering if you have seen anything like this before and know best practices or things you wish you would have known when you ran into this kind of scenario.

Kind regards,

Rachael