The University of Kentucky still receives about 750 print journals even after this year’s cancellations and we do continue to check in the issues. First, we have several branches to send the issues to, so we need to identify the location and it doesn’t take that much more at that point to receive the issue in Alma. We also claim missing issues at least once. The check-in is useful when we go to bind, since we can say whether we had the issue or not at one point. What has changed is the number of people who do check-in and the turnaround time from when we get the issue in the mail and when it goes out to a branch. We no longer check mail every day (even pre-Covoid) and the turnaround is under normal circumstances about 48 hours. – Sincerely, Kate.

From: serialst@simplelists.com <serialst@simplelists.com> On Behalf Of van Sickle, Jennifer
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 9:36 AM
To: serialst@simplelists.com
Subject: RE: [SERIALST] Do you keep track of what print issues you receive?

CAUTION: External Sender

We stopped checking in after migrating to ALMA.  Our print subscriptions have dropped steadily through the years, and we’re reducing to bare bones minimum this year due to budget cuts and the pandemic.   I can’t remember the last time someone asked for a print issue of anything.  Hope this helps.

Jennifer L. van Sickle M.L.S.

Science and Electronic Resources Librarian

Trinity College Library

LITC A40

300 Summit St.

Hartford, CT USA 06106