Maria's response is correct.  When we purchase a new journal subscription through EBSCO, there is supposed to be an equivalent EJS page for the journal.  There is an EJS database within our discovery service (OCLC Worldcat Discovery), and I can turn on or off individual titles.  Like Maria said, I keep running into problems where it is not well maintained.  EJS is what was set up when I came into the position, and all I've known.

In our discovery service (OCLC), we could  set up a database where we manually add the links and holdings information for these individual journal subscriptions.  Is this what others do?  Do you often have to update information like links?  We just put the word "To Present" in current holdings.  We have around 75 online subscriptions.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jason Skoog
Archivist and Systems Librarian
Viterbo University, La Crosse, WI

608-796-3262

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 6:49 PM SERIALST (Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum) <nobody@simplelists.com> wrote:
FREE UKSG webinar - The importance and use of digital primary sources in teaching and research - Samira Koelle (29 Jan 2021 15:25 UTC)
How the Pandemic has Changed Authentication and Access: Free webinar sponsored by Springer Nature on Tuesday March 16, 11am eastern time - Robert Boissy (29 Jan 2021 18:18 UTC)
EBSCOhost EJS Enhanced Alternatives - Jason Skoog (29 Jan 2021 19:19 UTC)
RE: [SERIALST] EBSCOhost EJS Enhanced Alternatives - Harper, Cynthia (29 Jan 2021 20:53 UTC)
RE: [SERIALST] EBSCOhost EJS Enhanced Alternatives - Maria Haubrich (29 Jan 2021 22:25 UTC)

FREE UKSG webinar - The importance and use of digital primary sources in teaching and research by Samira Koelle (29 Jan 2021 15:25 UTC)
Reply to list

    ** Apologies for Cross Posting **

    Dear all,

    You are invited to the free UKSG webinar: "The importance and use of digital primary sources in teaching and research" | http://bit.ly/3sUKVCt

    REGISTER HERE

    Date: Wednesday 24 February 2021

    Time: 14.00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

    Duration: 45-60 minutes including Q&A

    Chair:

    Peter Foster, Associate Director, Wiley Digital Archives

    Presenters:

    Dr Sarah L. Evans, Research and Collections Engagement Manager, Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)Hugh Murphy, Head of Collections & Content, Maynooth University Library, IrelandKathryn Simpson, Lecturer in Information Studies, University of Glasgow

    Overview:

    How can digitised primary sources help teaching and research?

    UKSG and Wiley bring you three speakers from different areas of research: a librarian, a researcher, and a learned society member, to give their perspectives and insights on the role digital primary source materials have in today's teaching and research environment. Join us to find out:

    ·    A librarian’s perspective on the importance of primary sources in teaching and learning.

    ·    How scholars use digital primary sources to discover stories and content that haven’t been researched before.

    ·    The opportunities of cross-archive searching in contemporary and interdisciplinary historical research.

    REGISTER HERE

    General information:

    This is a free webinar and open to all – Please note that advance registration is required. If you are interested, but unable to join the live event, please register anyway as a recording will be made available to all who register. If you have particular accessibility needs, please feel free to contact me on samira@uksg.org

    Thank you for your attention. I hope you can join us.

    Samira Koelle | UKSG | samira@uksg.org

    UKSG Website: www.uksg.org Follow us: @UKSG

How the Pandemic has Changed Authentication and Access: Free webinar sponsored by Springer Nature on Tuesday March 16, 11am eastern time by Robert Boissy (29 Jan 2021 18:18 UTC)
Reply to list

    ***Apologies for cross-posting***

    How the Pandemic has Changed Authentication and Access

    Free webinar sponsored by Springer Nature on Tuesday March 16, 11am eastern time

    Librarians and information professionals with responsibility for providing access to digital scholarly resources need to understand all the authentication options available to them and their end-users.  This free webinar will feature Springer Nature Senior Product Manager Laird Barrett  discussing all available approaches to authentication.  Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, it was overwhelmingly common for researchers to authenticate via IP address to access institutional subscriptions on Springer Nature websites.  That behavior changed dramatically with the onset of the pandemic, as researchers in many countries quickly transitioned to working from home.  Researchers now use a constellation of different methods in greater numbers to authenticate, including persisted access, Google Scholar CASA, and federated access. This free webinar will explore that change over time and across the world, and will share information about Springer Nature’s plans this year to continue to ease authentication and access for researchers during the pandemic.  Expect details that will help you across many scholarly resource platforms, as well as measures that are specific to Springer Nature.  This webinar is part of an ongoing effort to provide technical education programming for information professionals.

    Registration:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4951053993511556619

    ---

    Robert Boissy

    Director of Account Development

    Institutional Sales and Marketing

    Springer Nature

    1 New York Plaza, 1 FDR Drive, New York NY 10004

    M  +1 (781) 244 7918

    robert.boissy@springernature.com

    www.springernature.com

    ---

    For self service help try support.springernature.com or write to onlineservice@springernature.com

    Springer Nature advances discovery by publishing robust and insightful research, supporting the development of new areas of knowledge and making ideas and information accessible around the world. We provide the best possible service to the whole research community.

    ---

    Robert Boissy

    Director of Account Development

    Institutional Sales and Marketing

    Springer Nature

    1 New York Plaza, 1 FDR Drive, New York NY 10004

    M  +1 (781) 244 7918

    robert.boissy@springernature.com

    www.springernature.com

    ---

    For self service help try support.springernature.com or write to onlineservice@springernature.com

    Springer Nature advances discovery by publishing robust and insightful research, supporting the development of new areas of knowledge and making ideas and information accessible around the world. We provide the best possible service to the whole research community.

EBSCOhost EJS Enhanced Alternatives by Jason Skoog (29 Jan 2021 19:19 UTC)
Reply to list

    When we subscribe to individual subscriptions from EBSCO, we make them discoverable in our library catalog (OCLC Worldcat Discovery) using EBSCOhost EJS Enhanced.  We just track the individual titles in the EBSCOhost EJS Enhanced database.  Are there any alternatives out there?

    Jason Skoog
    Archivist and Systems Librarian
    Viterbo University, La Crosse, WI
    608-796-3262

RE: [SERIALST] EBSCOhost EJS Enhanced Alternatives by Harper, Cynthia (29 Jan 2021 20:53 UTC)
Reply to list

    OK – I’ll show my ignorance here.

    I’ve seen the term “EBSCO EJS” around for years, but never really knew what it comprised.  I may well be using it now that we use EDS, but how would I know?  We have not until recently done ejournals beyond aggregator databases in any large way.  I’ve done the best to search connect.ebsco.com and ebsconet.com help (that’s very limited) to find basic information on EJS. Oh, I guess there is ebsco.com too.  I can’t find a product named Electronic Journal Service EJS listed, although it’s referred to in various hel documents.

    So what is EJS Enhanced?  Is it the combination of Publication Finder and the link resolver and Holdings Management?  What’s Enhanced about it?

    Cindy