Re: Cataloging Internet Services (Wendy Robertson) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 27 Jan 2000 17:40 UTC

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:05:19 -0600
From: Wendy Robertson <wendy-robertson@uiowa.edu>
Subject: Re: Cataloging Internet Services (Rachel Hollis)

Rachel -

At the University of Iowa, we catalog all internet resources in our serials
department. We are hoping the national guidelines change to allow
"integrating entities" (such as web sites and looseleafs) to be a new
category. (We also catalog most looseleaf publications).

As far as the bibliographic level and type, have you looked at
http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/ldr06guide.html ?

We don't include a 362 in most web pages unless they very clearly are
serials (has numbering)

We have used date type c since they are currently being published

Wendy Robertson
Serials Bibliographic Processing, CPS
mailto:wendy-robertson@uiowa.edu
5-5895