Re: Title Changes and shelving -- 2 messages Stephen D. Clark 07 Feb 2000 19:38 UTC

2 messages:

1)---------------------------------

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Title Changes and shelving -- Christina Liggins
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:31:56 -0400
From: David Goodman <dgoodman@princeton.edu>

This insoluble dilemma has led some libraries to shelving by call
number; that
way, at least shelving is unambiguous. Of course, it means that none of
the
patrons can directly access any part of the title on the shelves. To me
that
amounts to solving the problem by making it worse for all the users. It
depends on whether you care more about the users or the shelvers.

--
David Goodman
Biology Librarian, and