Re: jake -- 2 messages Stephen D. Clark 09 Feb 2000 21:39 UTC

2 messages:

1)-----------------------------

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: jake
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:30:56 -0500
From: "Jean L. Hirons" <jhir@LOC.GOV>

Colleagues,

wanted you to know that CONSER is excited about jake too!  As I
announced
at the Sunday night PCC Participants meeting at ALA, our CONSER A&I Task
Force met with Dan Chudnov, the creator of jake, and is currently
exploring ways in which to link such a database to CONSER records in
OCLC.
Having access to both A&I and full text sources through a URL in the
CONSER record would make it possible to remove the 510 data and keep
this
information up-to-date in a much more managable environment.  Stay tuned
for further developments!

Jean Hirons
CONSER Coordinator
Library of Congress