Dan Tonkery named President of Faxon (Amira Aaron) Marcia Tuttle 06 Mar 2000 20:29 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:39:56 -0500
From: Amira Aaron <aaron@FAXON.COM>
Subject: Dan Tonkery named President of Faxon

DAN TONKERY NAMED PRESIDENT OF
FAXON, ROWECOM'S ACADEMIC & MEDICAL SERVICES

        March 6, 2000 (Westwood, MA)--To effectively meet the knowledge needs of
the academic and medical library communities, Dr. Richard Rowe, President
and CEO of RoweCom, Inc., announced today the appointment of Dan Tonkery
to the position of President of Faxon, RoweCom's Academic and Medical
Services.  In this capacity, Mr. Tonkery will be responsible for Faxon's
sales, marketing and subscription operations based in Westwood,
Massachusetts; Oregon, Illinois; and Chantilly, Virginia.

        "Dan Tonkery has the experience, vision, leadership, and strong
commitment to the academic and medical market segments which we need to
move forward in providing our clients with services and solutions for
both today and tomorrow," said Dr. Rowe.  "I feel strongly that our
ongoing success comes from having a solid management team in place, and
I'm confident that Dan is the right person to lead Faxon into the future
of knowledge acquisitions and management."

        Commenting on his recent appointment, Mr. Tonkery said, "I welcome the
opportunity to work with a management team that shares my vision for
quality service, innovation and product development.  Moreover, the
combination of Faxon's focus on exceptional client service and RoweCom's
e-commerce expertise makes this company a force to be reckoned with in
the serials industry."

        An industry leader, Mr. Tonkery has had extensive experience in the
medical and academic library communities, working with library automation
and information management.   He began his professional career at the
National Library of Medicine, where he developed a number of online
services supporting acquisitions and cataloging and served as chief of
Technical Services.  He then became the Associate University Librarian
for Technical Services and Systems at UCLA where he was instrumental in
the development of the ORION integrated library system.  Mr. Tonkery then
moved into the vendor industry, holding senior management, sales and
marketing positions at Faxon, Readmore and Dawson.  Most recently, Mr.
Tonkery was responsible for global marketing for the Dawson organization,
including Faxon.  He currently serves as the President of the North
American Serials Interest Group (NASIG) and is a member of the Board of
the Council on Library and Information Resources.  Mr. Tonkery holds an
MLS from the University of Illinois.

Amira Aaron, M.L.S.
Director of Academic Services
Faxon, RoweCom Academic Services