Collection development policies for serials (Ellen Simmons) Marcia Tuttle 10 Mar 2000 23:33 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:25:22 -0600
From: Ellen Simmons <esimmons@ACAD.UDALLAS.EDU>
Subject: Collection development policies for serials

Hello,

We are needing to update (read that: establish) a collection development
policy for the serials department here.  We are a small academic library
and have relied in the past on departmental bibliographers as subject
experts for selecting/cancelling of serials, which has made our collection
somewhat choppy.  To help us gather information, would any of you be
willing to share the serials portion of your collection development
policies with us?  You may reply to me offlist, please, or fax to (972)
721-4010.

Thanks so much!

Ellen Simmons
Periodicals Librarian