Re: Collection development policies for serials (Eduardo Gil) Marcia Tuttle 15 Mar 2000 15:29 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:34:31 -0500
From: Eduardo Gil <GilE@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>
Subject: Re: Collection development policies for serials (David Goodman)

We have the good fortune at Montclair St. to have faculty (old and new)
who know what the students need.  If I do a study of the past 5 years of
titles recommended by faculty and check these titles against Katz and
other professional review sources I can bet that a high % of titles are
1.) Reviewed in Katz, 2.) Meet curricular needs and 3.) Indexed in a
print/electronic index we own.  The job of the faculty (at least in an
average Instution like Montclair) is collaborate with the librarians to
develop the collection.  Yes, cost, space and usage is important.

Ed Gil
Periodicals Librarian
Sprague Library
Montclair St. University