Living the Future 3 Conference (Liz Bezanson) Marcia Tuttle 15 Mar 2000 15:55 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:28:27 -0700
From: Liz Bezanson <bezanson@BIRD.LIBRARY.ARIZONA.EDU>
Subject: Living the Future 3 Conference

Living the Future 3 Conference, April 26-29,2000, co-sponsored by ARL OLMS
and ACRL, is shaping up. We've ordered great weather, we are extending the
early registration fee of $250 (owing to a rise in airline prices), and we
now have poster and or panel presentations from the following
institutions: U. of Maryland, U of Conn., U of Nevada, Las Vegas, George
Washington U., MIT, Brown, Marymount and Washington State University in
Vancouver.

Carrie Russell with the ALA Washington Office will share her vision of the
effect of the many copyright and other e-access legislative efforts on our
future ability to serve our publics.

Eileen de los Reyes from the Harvard Graduate School of Education will
share her vision of our future leadership challenges, including the
challenge of diversifying our members to relate to the changing
populations of the future.

Sally Jackson, Faculty Associate for Distributed Learning at the U of A,
will share her vision of partnerships in the student learning enterprise.

Barbara O'Keefe, Director of the Media Union at U of Michigan, will tell
her story of building a learning center with campus partnerships.

Jeremy Frumkin, Librarian fromt the U of A, will explain the importance to
libraries of participating in the Open Source "movement."

And Maureen Sullivan, Organization Design consultant, will summarize for
us her in-depth observations of the challenges of reorganizing for the
future.

Opportunities for formal and informal dialogue abound. There is still room
in the preconferences, offered by ARL OLMS, the U of A, and Maureen
Sullivan (Personal Master, Leading Change, Service Improvement for
Customers, and Building a Culture of Assessment)....and there *are* rooms
available for $89.00 thru Friday night.  Stay over and enjoy Tucson, (and
a lower airfare) for an additional $30. Register soon, so we can plan on
your participation.

Register on the web-site, where there is a phone number for hotel
reservations.  www.library.arizona.edu/conference/ltf3/

See you in Tucson.  Any questions please respond to:
phippss@u.library.arizona.edu