Summary of Benefits Survey (Priya Rai) Marcia Tuttle 16 Mar 2000 20:57 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:40:04 -0500
From: "Rai, Priya (Library" <Rai@MAIL.CCSU.EDU>
Subject: Summary of Benefits Survey

Hello everyone,
        Below are the responses to my survey on Benefits questions. My
thanks to all who answered.
Priya Rai, Head
Cataloging
Central Connecticut State University
Elihu Burritt Library
New Britain, CT 06050
E-Mail: Rai@ccsu.edu
Phone: 860-832-2056

***Question: 1. Are you required to work 12 months a year? 10 months a year?
180 days a year? Other?
9 months: 7
10 months: 2
11 months: 1
39 weeks: 1
32 weeks: 1
168 days: 1
200 days: 1
212 days: 1
Combinations in a library (for example: some librarians at 12 months, other
librarians at 10 months): 11
No Response to this question: 1

***Question 2. If you work during the summer, do you receive additional
salary?
No extra salary: 65
No extra salary, but salary pro-rated to reflect the 12 months of work: 59
Yes, extra salary for working the summer (mostly from librarians that work 9
or 10 months a year) : 15
No response to this question: 2

***Question 3. How many vacation days do you get a year?
10 days/year: 4
11-14 days/year: 3
15 days/year: 6
18 days/year: 2
20-24 days/year: 90
30-40 days/year: 4
8 weeks/year: 1
Varies with length of service: 18
No vacation time (mostly from libraries that work  9 or 10 months a year):
13

***Question 4. Hom many professional development days, if any do you get per
year?
4 hrs/week: 1
1 day/year: 1
2 days/year: 1
4 days/year: 1
5 days/year: 1
8 days/year: 1
10 days/year: 3
20 days/year: 1
Pool of 30 days which librarians share: 1
Unlimited work time to attend conferences/workshops with director/supervisor
approval: 110
Limited by a specific budget: 3
No days: 16
No response to this question: 1

***Question 5. Are librarians unionized at your library? If so, what is the
name of the union?
No union: 114
AAUP: 6
AFL-CIO: 3