Re: microfiche duplicator (Tracey DeLillo) Marcia Tuttle 21 Mar 2000 16:35 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:32:48 -0600
From: tracey delillo <tdelillo@FALCON.TAMUCC.EDU>
Subject: Re: microfiche duplicator (Judy Keeth)

> Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:04:53 -0500
> From: "Judy Keeth (REF)" <judkeeth@DUDLEY.LIB.USF.EDU>
> Subject: microfiche duplicator
>
> We have the 3M 261 Duplifiche Printer and 3M 262 Duplifiche Developer
> which have been discontinued and also the fiche is no longer being
> produced.
>
> Does anyone know of a similar product for reproducing microfiche which is
> a heat process rather than ammonia? I found some on the web which use
> coupler cards. Is anyone familiar with these and if they emit an odor?

        I have some documentation for a company called Connecticut
Micrographics Inc. that I picked up at ALA midwinter... I was given a
demonstration of their product (called the GEM-PD), which is a small,
non-ammonia diazo fiche developer system.  The machine seemed to be pretty
efficient, and odorless, and the copy it made was good quality (but then
again, my knowledge of these types of systems is virtually nill).  It
seems to be designed for low-volume use, so depending on your situation is
may be too small, but I thought I'd pass along the info.

Their contact information is:
Connecticut Micrographics Inc.
280 Connecticut Ave.
Norwalk, CT 06854-1906